To unveil God’s glory to Central Asian Muslims by establishing and enabling His church.
Our Beliefs: Statement of Faith
The members of People International believe in:
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons—the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- The Holy Scriptures, the Old and New Testament, as originally given by God, are divinely inspired, infallible, without error, entirely trustworthy; and the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgment.
- The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ—born of the virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Savior of the world.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers—given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfill the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgment, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.
Principle of Unity
All members of People International are united in our Statement of Faith. These beliefs are held historically by the Church. However, our Statement of Faith does not attempt to describe all beliefs and practices of the Church. PI is composed of people from many cultures and church backgrounds. We acknowledge our diversity and celebrate the unity in the Body of Christ on many other issues and practices which are clearly based upon the Bible. We are committed to working together in one spirit and relating to one another and our local church partners in an ethos of grace, humility and love. In all things, we endeavor to be kind, sensitive and loving towards each other, seeking unity and peace. By working together we demonstrate practical unity in Christ to the lost and to the Church.
These organizational Core Values shape the way PI works. Together with our Statement of Faith and Purpose Statement, they describe the heart of who we are and how we live.
- God Centered: We are passionate in our love for God and His Word, and we strive for purity of heart towards Him, the world around us, and those we serve.
- Love for Muslims: God has put a deep love for Muslim people in our hearts which we express by sharing Christ in biblically and culturally appropriate ways.
- Teamwork and Partnering: We strive to serve in teams that are united in strategy and purpose, with team members serving together and dependent upon one another. Where possible we partner with others who share our values and purpose.
- Creativity and Flexibility: We encourage original and bold initiatives resulting in diverse, effective, Spirit led ministries.
- Church Focused: We serve the Church from all the world by sending members to plant, develop, and equip missional churches that are locally led and resourced.
- Care for One: Another We celebrate God’s work in us individually, recognising our human frailties and limitations, forgiving, respecting, and investing in each other in an ethos of grace.
- Integrity and Stewardship: We are diligent in using the resources God has entrusted to us, acting with integrity in our dealings with those we serve, our members, donors, partners and governments.